In recognition that the Ageless Wisdom concepts come to us across a span of at least 50 years through the medium of human interpreters and that social awareness has evolved during that time, the School for Esoteric Studies has decided to launch a Discussion Forum where various issues may be discussed. For each topic, we will provide a Discussion Forum page (see index across the top of the page) where articles and Ageless Wisdom quotations will be posted to stimulate reflection, and then a Discussion Corner (see lefthand menu bar) where participants can post comments. Please feel free to suggest additional topics or submit articles for consideration by the moderator by emailing email@example.com.
This Discussion Forum is intended to support each of us in our spiritual growth and service contribution, cultivating a tolerance of different perspectives in the spirit of goodwill. In order to make this Discussion Forum as constructive as possible, we ask that participants bear in mind two tenets repeated throughout the teachings from the Tibetan (the primary, but not exclusive, source for this Discussion Forum):
- People are expected to question any teachings: “The books that I have written are sent out with no claim for their acceptance. They may, or may not, be correct, true, and useful. It is for you to ascertain their truth by right practice and by the exercise of the intuition.…If the statements meet with eventual corroboration, or are deemed true under the test of the Law of Correspondences, then that is well and good. But should this not be so, let not the student accept what is said.” (from a Statement by the Tibetan, Preface to the Blue Books)
- People are expected to focus on their own spiritual development and service contribution rather than critiquing what others are doing: “Relinquish or sacrifice the age-old tendency to criticize and adjust another’s work, and thus preserve the inner group integrity. More plans for service have gone astray and more workers have been hindered by criticism than by any other major factor.” (EP2:108)
The following Discussion Corners are currently active:
- Joy: Shifting our focus from pain to joy
- Homosexuality: Ending homophobia
- Injustices: Addressing social injustices
- Language: Using gender-neutral language
- Mantras and affirmations
To read the reference material available, please click on the topic along the top of this main page. To participate in the discussion, please click on the topic in the lefthand menu. You will first need to Register. To learn more about registering and participating in the Forum, click on Help and you will find three short videos to help you.
To find the full names of the Blue Books referenced, click on “List of Blue Books.” The School does not necessarily endorse any of the views expressed. Rather, the role of the School is that of stimulating reflection and ensuring an informed and balanced perspective.